Interview de Geneviève Cortese qui joue Ruby dans Supernatural

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Message  Glass Heart le Jeu 20 Nov - 17:20

Tout comme l’article précédent c’est en anglais et trop long pour que j’ai le temps de traduire.
Now that she’s got nine episodes of Supernatural (Thursdays at 9 pm/ET, the CW) under her belt and Ruby’s complicated story is beginning to be fleshed out, TVGuide.com felt the time was right to talk to former Wildfire star Genevieve Cortese about playing the double-agent demon. Might Ruby actually be in love with Sam? What sort of surprises might this week’s midseason finale have in store? And what’s it like shooting a love scene with Jared Padalecki? Let’s find out….
TVGuide.com: Were you warned coming onto the show that its fans can be a bit, um, “discerning” when it comes to the women in the Winchesters’ lives?
Genevieve Cortese:
It was kind of after the fact that I found out. [Laughs] But yeah, once I started talking to people about it, they were like, “Watch out.”
TVGuide.com: Did you bother to take any cues from the previous Ruby, Katie Cassidy? Or did you figure the character would simply be who you make her to be?
Cortese:
It’s funny, because when I auditioned for Supernatural it was for “a love interest.” I didn’t know I was going to be playing Ruby until I got the job. I was handed DVDs of what Katie did, and at first it was a little funky trying to step into what she did. I was conflicted over where Ruby is now versus where she’s come from….
TVGuide.com: The fans seemed to pick up on that right away — “Something is different about Ruby. Is it simply a new actress playing her, or something more?”
Cortese:
If you look at Katie’s last episode, you see that while Ruby’s not responsible for Dean going to hell, she does have some guilt about it. I wanted to use some of that, though not as a sympathy card. After all, if people don’t like her, they don’t like her. She is a demon. But I wanted to address questions like, “Why are the boys hanging out with her? What do they need her for at this point?” It’s not like she is kicking ass; she’s asking Sam to kick ass for her, so it’s kind of a mutual exchange. I almost feel like, deep down, she’s really in love with Sam. One of the lines in [last week's episode] is, “I used to be human, and I still remember what it feels like.” Maybe she was being manipulative, sure, but maybe there’s also truth to it.
TVGuide.com: Lately, fans seem to be more accepting of Ruby. Why do you think that is?
Cortese:
Probably because you now can see where she’s come from. I didn’t walk in going, “I’m going to kick everyone’s ass and be tough,” so it was a total 180 from [how she was] last season. It’s difficult to watch your favorite show and have a character suddenly be different, so I can totally see how people would be angry. Now they’ve been able to see what happened in the last six months.
TVGuide.com: Did you always feel that “I Know What You Did Last Summer” would be a big step in shedding light on Ruby’s mindset?
Cortese:
Yeah, I was really excited for that episode. [Supernatural creator] Eric [Kripke] and I had a big discussion about it, to not have the attitude but show how she’s coming from a lonely, desperate place. She has no one. All she has is Sam. She can’t even go back to hell, because she f–ked them over.
TVGuide.com: When you can’t even retreat to hell, where can you go? Pittsburgh?
Cortese:
[Laughs] Exactly. There’s nowhere to go. Maybe Detroit.
TVGuide.com: Were you extra-nervous doing Ruby and Sam’s love scene, knowing that the boys get precious few of them?
Cortese:
There were two things at play. One, I figured they’re not going to be looking at me anyway; they’re going to be looking at Jared. And two, I was more nervous because he is so big and so tough! [Laughs] Jared’s muscles… I mean, his arm is like the size of my body!
TVGuide.com: And it was a pretty physical love scene, too.
Cortese:
Yeah! Knowing how Ruby was emotionally, I really felt good about it, because it was important to see that desperation. It’s like Monster’s Ball — it’s about two people who are so broken and sad.
TVGuide.com: That scene just cued up here on my DVD player… Look at you two!
Cortese:
[Laughs] I know…. That was fun. I’m going to be one hated girl!
TVGuide.com: How do you feel about the means by which Ruby came to inhabit her new host body? Do you think the fact that this girl was in a coma will assuage some concerns?
Cortese:
I do. It’s the best way for the fans to accept that [Ruby and Sam] would actually have sex. She came back for him, he asked her to leave that [previous] body and she did. That’s what I paid attention to — “Wow, she’d even jump into a new body for this guy. What’s going on here?”
TVGuide.com: Will this week’s episode, the last before the break, leave us with a big cliffhanger? [Supernatural returns with new episodes Jan. 15.]
Cortese:
I don’t know if there will be a cliffhanger like there was [last week], but there will be parts where they cut to commercial and you’ll go, “What?!” Anna [the young woman who can hear angels] goes through some major stuff, and you really get to see her inner struggle. It’s a great contrast between the two of us, because we’re both in these places where we have to make decisions for the boys. Both of us sacrifice a lot, and I think that will get the fans very excited.

Glass Heart
ADMIN & TRADUCTRICE EN ALLEMAND

Féminin
Poissons Dragon
Frère préféré : Sammy

http://samdeanwin.forum-actif.net

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  Glass Heart le Mer 26 Nov - 17:54

Glass Heart

Féminin
Poissons Dragon

Message  Glass Heart le Dim 30 Nov - 14:36

Maintenant qu’elle a tournée dans 9 épisodes de Supernatural et que quelques réponses ont été donnés sur l’histoire compliqué de Ruby, TVGuide.com a sentie qu’il était temps de parler à Genevieve Cortese, l’ex star de Wildfire, sur son rôle de double agent démoniaque. Est-ce que Ruby pourrait être amoureuse de Sam ? Quels genre de surprises l’épisode de mis saison cache t-il ? Et qu’est ce que ça fait de tourner une scène d’amour avec Jared Padalecki ? Répond dont donc à ces questions…

TVGuide.com : Étiez-vous chaude à l’idée d’arriver sur une série qui à des fans qui peuvent être, heu, ” difficile ” lorsqu’une femmes entre dans la vie des Winchester ?

Genevieve Cortese : An fait, je l’ai découvert après être arrivée sur la série. [rire]. Mais oui, lorsque j’ai commencée à en parlez aux gens ils disaient des truc comme ” Fait attention”.

TVGuide.com : Avez vous eu envi de prendre des conseils de la précédente Ruby, Katie Cassidy ? Ou avez vous pensez que le personnage serait seulement ce que vous vouliez qu’elle soit ?

Genevieve Cortese : C’est amusant, parce que lorsque j’ai auditionnée pour Supernatural c’était pour ” une histoire d’amour “. Je ne savais pas que j’allais jouer Ruby jusqu’à ce que j’ai le job. J’ai regardé les dvds de ce qu’avait fait Katie et au début c’était un peu bizarre d’essayer de marcher dans ses traces. J’étais en conflit avec ce que Ruby est maintenant et ce qu’elle était avant…

TVGuide.com : Les fans on remarquée ça tout de suite. “Quelque chose et différent à propos de Ruby. Est-ce juste parce qu’une nouvelle actrice l’interprète ou est-ce que c’est quelque chose d’autre ?”

Cortese : Si vous regardez le dernier épisode de Katie, vous verrez que même si Ruby n’est pas responsable de l’envoi de Dean en enfer, elle ressent quand même un peu de culpabilité. J’avais envi d’utiliser ça, sans pour autant que ça la rende plus sympathique. Après tout si les gens ne l’aime pas, ils ne l’aime pas, c’est tout. C’est un démon. Mais j’avais envi de poser des questions comme ” pourquoi les garçons reste avec elle? Pourquoi ont-ils besoin d’elle ? ” C’est pas comme si elle bottait les fesses des démons, elle demande à Sam de la faire pour elle, donc c’est une sorte d’échange entre eux. J’ai l’impression que, quelque part au font d’elle, elle est vraiment amoureuse de Sam. Une des phrases (du dernier épisode) est ” J’ai été humaine, je me souviens de se qu’on ressent. ” Peut être qu’elle est un peu manipulatrice, bien sur, mais il y a peu être aussi du vrais dans ce qu’elle dit.

TVGuide.com : Finalement, les fans semblent avoir mieux accepter Ruby. Pourquoi d’après vous ?

Cortese : Probablement parce que maintenant ils voient d’où elle viens. Je ne suis pas arrivée sur la série en me disant ” je vais botter quelques fesses et devenir une dure “, ça aurait été un changement à 180 degré par rapport à ce qu’elle était dans la dernier saison. Et puis c’est déjà difficile de regarder sa série préféré et de voir un personnage devenir d’un coup totalement différent donc je vois pourquoi les gens pouvaient être en colère. Maintenant ils voient ce qui c’est passé les six dernier moi pour elle.

TVGuide.com : Avez vous toujours su que “I Know What You Did Last Summmer ” serait un grand pas en avant pour éclairer un peu l’histoire de Ruby ?

Cortese : Oui, et j’étais plutôt excitée par cette épisode. Eric Kripke et moi avons eu une grosse discussion à propos de cet épisode, pour ne pas seulement le jouer mais montrer aussi qu’elle viens d’un endroit désespérant et où on est seul. Elle n’avait personne. Tout ce qu’elle à maintenant c’est Sam. Et elle ne pourra jamais retourner en enfer parce qu’elle les à trahis.

TVGuide.com : Comme vous ne pouvez pas retourner en enfer où pouvez vous allez ? Pittsburgh ?

Cortese : [rire] Exactement. Il n’y a pas d’autre endroit où aller. Detroit peut être.

TVGuide.com : Étiez vous très nerveuse à l’idée de faire cette scène d’amour avec Sam, en sachant que les garçons n’en ont que peut ?

Cortese : Il a fallut considérer deux choses. La premier chose c’est qu’ils n’allaient pas me regarder de toute façon, ils allaient regarder Jared. Et la deuxième chose c’est que j’était nerveuse parce qu’il est très grand et baraqué! [rire] Les muscles de Jared… je veux dire, son bras est de la taille de mon corps !

TVGuide.com : Et c’était une scène d’amour plutôt physique, aussi.

Cortese : Oui ! Savoir que Ruby pouvait ressentir des émotions est une bonne chose pour moi parce que c’était important de voir son désespoir.. C’est comme dans le film Monster’s Ball, c’est l’histoire de deux personne qui sont brisées et triste.

TVGuide.com : La scène viens juste de passer sur mon lecteur dvd… regarder vous tout les deux !

Cortese : [rire] Je sais… c’était marrant. Je vais être une fille haïe !

TVGuide.com : Qu’est-ce que vous pensez de la façon dont Ruby à obtenue son nouveau corps ? Pensez vous que le fait que cette fille soit dans le coma va répondre à certaines préoccupations ?

Cortese : Je pense oui. C’est la meilleur façons pour que les fans d’accepter que [Ruby et Sam] couches ensemble. Elle est revenue pour lui, il lui a demandé de laisser son corps [précédent] et elle la fait. C’est important car elle à carrément choisi un nouveau corps pour ce type. Qu’est qui se passe ?

TVGuide.com : Est-ce que l’épisode de cette semaine, le dernier avant la pause, va se finir par un gros cliffhanger ?

Cortese : Je ne sais pas si il y aura un cliffhanger comme celui de la semaine précédente, mais lorsqu’il y aura les pub vous vous direz ” Quoi ! “. Il va arriver à Anna [la jeune femme qui peu entendre les anges] des trucs très important. C’est un gros contraste entre nous car nous sommes toutes les deux à un point où nous devons prendre des décisions concernant les garçons. Nous nous sacrifions toute les deux beaucoup, et je pense que les fans vont être très excités par rapport à ça.

Version anglaise:
Now that she’s got nine episodes of Supernatural (Thursdays at 9 pm/ET, the CW) under her belt and Ruby’s complicated story is beginning to be fleshed out, TVGuide.com felt the time was right to talk to former Wildfire star Genevieve Cortese about playing the double-agent demon. Might Ruby actually be in love with Sam ? What sort of surprises might this week’s midseason finale have in store? And what’s it like shooting a love scene with Jared Padalecki ? Let’s find out….
TVGuide.com: Were you warned coming onto the show that its fans can be a bit, um, “discerning” when it comes to the women in the Winchesters’ lives ?
Genevieve Cortese:
It was kind of after the fact that I found out. [Laughs] But yeah, once I started talking to people about it, they were like, “Watch out.”
TVGuide.com: Did you bother to take any cues from the previous Ruby, Katie Cassidy ? Or did you figure the character would simply be who you make her to be ?
Cortese:
It’s funny, because when I auditioned for Supernatural it was for “a love interest.” I didn’t know I was going to be playing Ruby until I got the job. I was handed DVDs of what Katie did, and at first it was a little funky trying to step into what she did. I was conflicted over where Ruby is now versus where she’s come from….
TVGuide.com: The fans seemed to pick up on that right away — “Something is different about Ruby. Is it simply a new actress playing her, or something more ?”
Cortese:
If you look at Katie’s last episode, you see that while Ruby’s not responsible for Dean going to hell, she does have some guilt about it. I wanted to use some of that, though not as a sympathy card. After all, if people don’t like her, they don’t like her. She is a demon. But I wanted to address questions like, “Why are the boys hanging out with her? What do they need her for at this point ?” It’s not like she is kicking ass; she’s asking Sam to kick ass for her, so it’s kind of a mutual exchange. I almost feel like, deep down, she’s really in love with Sam. One of the lines in [last week's episode] is, “I used to be human, and I still remember what it feels like.” Maybe she was being manipulative, sure, but maybe there’s also truth to it.
TVGuide.com: Lately, fans seem to be more accepting of Ruby. Why do you think that is ?
Cortese:
Probably because you now can see where she’s come from. I didn’t walk in going, “I’m going to kick everyone’s ass and be tough,” so it was a total 180 from [how she was] last season. It’s difficult to watch your favorite show and have a character suddenly be different, so I can totally see how people would be angry. Now they’ve been able to see what happened in the last six months.
TVGuide.com: Did you always feel that “I Know What You Did Last Summer” would be a big step in shedding light on Ruby’s mindset ?
Cortese:
Yeah, I was really excited for that episode. [Supernatural creator] Eric [Kripke] and I had a big discussion about it, to not have the attitude but show how she’s coming from a lonely, desperate place. She has no one. All she has is Sam. She can’t even go back to hell, because she f–ked them over.
TVGuide.com: When you can’t even retreat to hell, where can you go? Pittsburgh ?
Cortese:
[Laughs] Exactly. There’s nowhere to go. Maybe Detroit.
TVGuide.com: Were you extra-nervous doing Ruby and Sam’s love scene, knowing that the boys get precious few of them ?
Cortese:
There were two things at play. One, I figured they’re not going to be looking at me anyway; they’re going to be looking at Jared. And two, I was more nervous because he is so big and so tough ! [Laughs] Jared’s muscles… I mean, his arm is like the size of my body !
TVGuide.com: And it was a pretty physical love scene, too.
Cortese:
Yeah ! Knowing how Ruby was emotionally, I really felt good about it, because it was important to see that desperation. It’s like Monster’s Ball — it’s about two people who are so broken and sad.
TVGuide.com: That scene just cued up here on my DVD player… Look at you two !
Cortese:
[Laughs] I know…. That was fun. I’m going to be one hated girl !
TVGuide.com: How do you feel about the means by which Ruby came to inhabit her new host body ? Do you think the fact that this girl was in a coma will assuage some concerns ?
Cortese:
I do. It’s the best way for the fans to accept that [Ruby and Sam] would actually have sex. She came back for him, he asked her to leave that [previous] body and she did. That’s what I paid attention to — “Wow, she’d even jump into a new body for this guy. What’s going on here ?”
TVGuide.com: Will this week’s episode, the last before the break, leave us with a big cliffhanger ? [Supernatural returns with new episodes Jan. 15.]
Cortese:
I don’t know if there will be a cliffhanger like there was [last week], but there will be parts where they cut to commercial and you’ll go, “What ?!” Anna [the young woman who can hear angels] goes through some major stuff, and you really get to see her inner struggle. It’s a great contrast between the two of us, because we’re both in these places where we have to make decisions for the boys. Both of us sacrifice a lot, and I think that will get the fans very excited.

Glass Heart

Féminin
Poissons Dragon

Re: Interview de Geneviève Cortese qui joue Ruby dans Supernatural

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé